Baked Donuts Filled With Healthy Nutella
These baked donuts, filled with homemade Nutella, are one of the healthiest options you can find out there and they are the perfect, wholesome treat to curb your sweet tooth.
They are spongy and moist, gluten-free and they also include a dairy-free option. This is definitely the best way to celebrate National Donut Day on the first Friday of June!
- Author: Claudia Canu
- Prep Time: 45 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total Time: 60 min
- Yield: 9 1x
- Category: Brunch
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Healthy
⅓ cup raisins (45 g) – soaked for 10 minutes in hot water before using them**
2 large free-range eggs***
2 tablespoons of natural Greek yogurt
½ cup (50 g) of almond flour
¼ cup (30 g) of oat flour****
¼ cup (25 g) grated coconut
1 teaspoon (5 g) of baking powder
¼ (1.25 g) teaspoon of baking soda
½ (2.5 g) teaspoon of cinnamon
5 Tablespoon of Healthy Nutella
2 tablespoons of tahini
1 tablespoon of maple syrup
1 tablespoon of coconut oil, melted
½ teaspoon of vanilla
½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- Preheat the oven at 180ºC (350ºF).
- In a small bowl, add the raisins, covering them with hot water and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- With the help of a spoon, take out the raisins and place them in the food processor. *
- In the same food processor, add the banana, 2 eggs and 2 tablespoons of yogurt. Process.
- Add the ½ cup of almond flour, ¼ cup of oat flour, ¼ cup grated coconut, 1 teaspoon of baking powder, ¼ teaspoon of baking soda, ½ teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Use butter or coconut oil to grease the donut tray.
- Pour about 2 tablespoons of dough into each donut pan and make sure it is well spread.
- To get the Nutella neatly into the donut pan, use a medium Ziplock bag, cut a hole in one corner, and pipe the Nutella into the pan.
- Squeeze it all around the donut shape and push it down into the dough with the help of a spoon.
- Cover it with 1 or 2 more tablespoons of dough.
- Place the tray into the center of the oven and bake the donuts for about 15 minutes at 180ºC (350ºF), with both racks on and using the oven fan, if you have one.
- After baking, allow the donuts to cool in the donut pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a wide flat container, bigger than the donuts, mix the ingredients for the glaze.
- Take each donut from both sides and dip the rounder side into the glaze.
- Turn them around to let the glaze set for half an hour.
* The riper the banana, the sweeter it tastes
** 3 eggs if they are medium-small
*** Save the water that you soaked the raisins in, and use it to make Overnight Oats or Chia Pudding.
*** You can substitute the raisins with dates (45 g is about 3 large Medjool Dates or 5 of the normal ones)
****You can make oat flour yourself by processing in a food processor.
Keywords: healthy donuts, baked donuts, healthy eating, gluten-free, baking, donut day, dairy-free, sugar-free