This is the perfect snack for those who need something sweet in the afternoon, but it is a healthy version.It is sweetened only with banana and dates. It’s a gluten-free recipe, very easy to prepare and will be loved by adults AND children.
1 banana, using a ripe one for a sweeter taste
45g (about 3 large) pitted Medjool dates – If they are small and with less meat, use 5 and let them soak for 10 minutes in hot water before using them.
2 large organic eggs or 3 small ones
2 tablespoons of natural Greek yogurt
½ cup (50 g) of almond flour
¼ cup (30 g) grated coconut
1 teaspoon (5 g) of yeast
¼ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon of cinnamon
1 tablespoon of pure cocoa powder
1 tablespoon of carob
Granulated almond (optional)
1. Soak the dates in hot water for about 10 minutes.
2. Heat the oven to 180ºC.
3. In a food processor, add the banana, the dates (without the water), the eggs and the yogurt. Turn on the processor and mix everything until there are no lumps.
4. Add the rest of the ingredients in the same processor and mix for a few more minutes until there are no lumps.
5. Bake for 25 minutes. Use a toothpick to make sure they are done. Insert it at the center of a muffin. If it comes out dry, it means that they are ready.
6. Take them out of the mold and let them cool on a cooling rack like this one from Claudia & Julia’s shop.
If you like almonds, you can add ¼ of a cup of granulated almonds to the same batter to give it a crunchy touch, or you can use it simply as decoration on top.
Keywords: muffin, chocolate, carob, gluten-free, banana, dates, sweetened with fruits, breakfast, healthy breakfast, healthy brunch, vegetarian, healthy, snack, easy, simple recipe, eat healthy, easy to make, on the go, portable snack