No-Bake Energy Balls
These no-bake energy balls, also called bliss balls or energy bites, just changed my life. They are vegan, paleo, gluten-free and dairy-free. Plus, they are super easy to make!
- Prep Time: 10
- Total Time: 10
- Yield: 14
- Category: Snack
- Cuisine: Healthy
5 large dates (pitted)
7 large walnuts (14 halves) or ½ cup (50gr)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon raw cocoa
1 tablespoon carob powder
1 tablespoon natural almond butter
- In a food processor combine dates (pitted), nuts and vanilla and pulse until it becomes a sandy-like texture.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and pulse a few more times until fully combined and of crumbly texture.
- With the help of spoon, place some batter on your palm.
- Squeeze the batter with the help of your other hand’s finger and give the shape of a ball.
- Rotate the ball between your palms so that the batter is tight and the ball is spherical.
- Coat the balls with shredded coconut, carob powder or, if you prefer, chocolate (optional).
- Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.
You can also freeze the balls and take them out as needed.
Keywords: vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, vegetarian, paleo, energy balls, nuts, healthy, snack, easy, simple recipe, eat healthy, easy to make, on the go, portable snack, breakfast