Healthy Oatmeal Cookies
These homemade and old fashioned cookies are flourless, gluten-free and they are naturally sweetened. They are healthy, soft, easy to make, and they are ideal for breakfast, snack, brunch or even dessert.
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total Time: 45 min
- Yield: 13
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Healthy
3 dried figs
3 Medjool dates pitted
2 eggs, organic
¼ cup of peanut butter
¼ cup of shredded coconut
½ tablespoon of cinnamon
¼ teaspoon of baking powder
⅛ teaspoon of baking soda
1 cup rolled whole oats (gluten-free if necessary)
1 tablespoon of black sesame seeds*
1 apple, cut in cubes
- Soak the figs and dates in hot water for 10 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 180ºC.
- In a food processor, place the grated coconut, peanut butter, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, figs and dates, and the whole eggs.
- Process all of the ingredients for a few minutes until they are fully incorporated and there are no large pieces of figs or dates.
- Pour the dough into a bowl and add the oats, sesame seeds and the apple, cut into cubes.
- Mix all the ingredients until they are well incorporated.
- In a non-stick tray, place 1 or 2 tablespoons of dough for each cookie until you finish all of the dough.**
- Give it the shape of cookies and place the tray in the oven at a medium height.
- Depending on your oven, in about 15 minutes your cookies should be ready. You will know they are ready when they have changed to a golden color.
* You can also use the white sesame seeds or you can even not add them.
**You can decide if you prefer your cookies to be bigger by adding a bigger quantity of dough.
Keywords: gluten-free, dairy-free, vegetarian, healthy, snack, easy, simple recipe, eat healthy, easy to make, on the go, portable snack, quick, budget