How To Cook Wild Rice
Wild rice is a great option for Meal Planning or Batch Cooking. It’s nutty and delicate taste makes this food a delicious ingredient to be used in different dishes; such as salads or Buddha Bowls.
- Author: Claudia Canu
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total Time: 45 min
- Yield: 5 1x
- Category: Lunch
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: Healthy
1 cup of wild rice
1 cup of water
½ teaspoon salt
- Add water and salt into a pot and bring it to a boil.
- Rinse the rice and add it to the boiling water.
- Cover the pot with a lid and bring it to a boil again.
- Turn the heat to medium-low and leave the lid slightly open.
- Let the rice simmer for 40 to 45 minutes.
- After 40 minutes, check the texture. It shouldn’t be hard in the middle.
- If there is still water left, drain.
Keywords: wild rice, how to cook