This delicious and nutritious curry recipe takes less than 20 minutes to make as part of the Zero-Waste Meal Plan Week 2, a plan that makes it easy to eat healthy and avoid food waste.
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 Tablespoon curry
1/2 cup mushrooms (or what’s left from your batch cooking)
1/2 cup cauliflower (or what’s left from your batch cooking)
200 gr beef (half quantity from your batch cooking)
1/2 can crushed tomatoes
1/2 can coconut milk
1 cup (150 gr) buckwheat
5 roasted almonds, crushed
1. Warm up the oil in a skillet and add the onion, garlic, and curry.
2. Stir and cook for about 2 minutes.
3. Add the tomatoes and cook for about 3 minutes depending on how liquid the tomatoes are.
4. Add the mushrooms, cauliflower, and beef.
5. Stir and let it cook for 4 minutes.
6. Add the coconut milk and stir.
7. Bring it to a slow boil and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
8. Serve it on cooked buckwheat and add the crushed almonds on top.
This recipe makes 2 meals.
Store it in an airtight container in the fridge and it’ll last for up to 5 days.
Can be also frozen and it’ll last for up to 3 months.
Keywords: curry, batch cooking, beef, mushrooms, cauliflower, fall recipe