How is your plant-based protein intake? Do you ever use tofu in your recipes?
If you are looking for an easy way to cook tofu that you can use in a meal plan, just follow these instructions.
In the Zero-Waste Vegan Meal Plan, tofu is one of the main ingredients and you might be surprised with how good a tofu teriyaki or tofu curry can taste.
How To Cook Tofu For Meal Plans
You’ll be surprised how easy it is to cook tofu for a meal plan. This is one of the main ingredients for the Zero-Waste Vegan Meal Plan.
- Author: Claudia Canu
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total Time: 45 min
- Diet: Vegan
500 g firm natural tofu
1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 Tablespoon coconut amino
2 Tablespoon cornstarch or arrowroot starch
- Drain the tofu and place it between a folded kitchen towel.
- Add some weight on top. It can be heavy books, a cast iron pan, or a weight that you use for workouts.
- Let the kitchen towel absorb the excess water from the tofu for 30 minutes.
- Cut the tofu into small cubes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the olive oil with the coconut amino, add the tofu and toss.
- Let marinate for 15 minutes or longer. The longer the more flavourful.
- Add the cornstarch and toss again until evenly coated.
- Place it on a non-stick oven tray and bake for 20 minutes at 400ºF (200ºC) tossing it halfway.
Claudia Canu is a former junk food and sugar addict transformed into a Health Motivator with a master’s degree in Nutrition. She has created this website not only to share her “Journey to her Healthy Forties” but also to help other busy women with basic knowledge about nutrition and who don’t love cooking, to live a healthier life, and achieve big goals.
Hi, I’m Claudia
I’m a Health Motivator, I hold a master’s degree in Nutrition and Dietetics and I’m dedicated to making it easier for you to live a healthier life.
More about me