Buying raw almonds is usually cheaper than buying roasted, plus if you roast them yourself you have control over what, and in what quantities, you are going to add to them.
I like to roast my almonds without adding any ingredients. They already taste delicious without the need for salt or sugar AND when roasted naturally I can use them in recipes like the mojo picón or add them to soups like this extra easy tomato soup, this curry recipe, or salads.
How To Roast Almonds
- Author: Claudia Canu
200 g of raw almonds
- Place the raw almonds into an oven tray.
- Place the tray in the center of the oven and turn it on to 360 ºF (180ºC ). No need to pre-heat.
- Roast the almonds for 15 minutes.
- When they are browner and they start to smell, they are ready.
- Let them reach room temperature before storing them.
Claudia Canu is a former junk food and sugar addict transformed into a Health Motivator with a master’s degree in Nutrition. She has created this website not only to share her “Journey to her Healthy Forties” but also to help other busy women with basic knowledge about nutrition and who don’t love cooking, to live a healthier life, and achieve big goals.
Hi, I’m Claudia
I’m a Health Motivator, I hold a master’s degree in Nutrition and Dietetics and I’m dedicated to making it easier for you to live a healthier life.
More about me