Cooking brown rice in a pot on the stove is fairly easy as it requires only a few steps.
Keep in mind that’s important that you wash your rice first, this will help to decrease the amount of arsenic in the rice, even if you buy it organic.
Brown rice is produced by removing only its most external layer.
This means that it’s less processed and it keeps more nutrients than white rice.
Conventional rice production uses big amounts of pesticides, so when buying brown rice make sure you buy it organic.
Brown rice is one of the ingredients used in the Zero-Waste Vegan Meal Plan.
How To Cook Brown Rice In A Pot
Cooking brown rice is very easy and it makes a versatile ingredient. Brown rice is one of the ingredients used in the Zero-Waste Vegan Meal Plan.
- Author: Claudia Canu
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour and 5 min
- Diet: Gluten Free
1 and 1/4 cup (240 g) brown rice
2.5 cups of water – 600 ml water
- Measure the rice and place it in a fine colander to wash it.
- Place it in a pot and add the water.
- Bring to a boil and lower the heat to a low simmer.
- Keep the lid on the pot until the rice has absorbed all the water. This will take about 1 hour.
- Transfer the rice to an airtight container and wait until it reaches room temperature before placing it in the fridge.
Claudia Canu is a former junk food and sugar addict transformed into a Health Motivator with a master’s degree in Nutrition. She has created this website not only to share her “Journey to her Healthy Forties” but also to help other busy women with basic knowledge about nutrition and who don’t love cooking, to live a healthier life, and achieve big goals.
Hi, I’m Claudia
I’m a Health Motivator, I hold a master’s degree in Nutrition and Dietetics and I’m dedicated to making it easier for you to live a healthier life.
More about me