This recipe is part of the Zero-Waste Healthy Quick Meal Plan, the easiest recipe plan for the non-chefs in a hurry who want to eat healthily and avoid food waste.
Asian Sardine Salad
This easy-to-make Asian Sardine Salad is ready in just 15 minutes and is part of the FREE No-Waste Healthy Quick Meal Plan.
- Author: Claudia Canu
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Total Time: 15 min
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Lunch
- Method: Batch Cooking
- Cuisine: Healthy
- Diet: Gluten Free
2 Tablespoons toasted sesame oil
2 teaspoon rice vinegar
1.5 teaspoon grated ginger
¼ teaspoon salt
1/16 teaspoon black pepper
¼ teaspoon chili flakes (optional)
- Place the quinoa and black beans in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add 1/4 of the total amount of roasted peppers to the bowl.
- Open the can of sardines, discard the oil and mash the sardines on a chopping board by using a knife. If you are using a bigger can of sardines, save the rest in an airtight container and place it in the fridge.
- Add the mashed sardines to the rest of the ingredients.
- If you feel like having a warmish meal, you can warm up these first ingredients by simply placing the bowl in the microwave for about one minute or so until warm.
- Peel – or wash well if organic – the carrot, dice it small, and add it to the bowl.
- Measure two cups of spinach and, if desired, chop them. Place them in the bowl.
- Add the sesame seeds to the bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients together and store half of the quantity in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Prepare the vinaigrette by mixing all the ingredients in a little jar.
- Add half of the vinaigrette to the salad and save the rest in the fridge.
- Mix all the ingredients again and enjoy!
Claudia Canu is a former junk food and sugar addict transformed into a Health Motivator with a master’s degree in Nutrition. She has created this website not only to share her “Journey to her Healthy Forties” but also to help other busy women with basic knowledge about nutrition and who don’t love cooking, to live a healthier life, and achieve big goals.
Hi, I’m Claudia
I’m a Health Motivator, I hold a master’s degree in Nutrition and Dietetics and I’m dedicated to making it easier for you to live a healthier life.
More about me