This recipe is part of the Zero-Waste Healthy Quick Meal Plan, the easiest recipe plan for the non-chefs in a hurry who want to eat healthily and avoid food waste.
Nut Spinach Salad
This easy-to-make nut spinach salad is ready in just 15 minutes and is part of the FREE No-Waste Healthy Quick Meal Plan.
- Author: Claudia Canu
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Total Time: 15 min
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Lunch
- Method: Batch Cooking
- Cuisine: Healthy
- Diet: Gluten Free
1 cup (140 g) of quinoa
½ chicken breast
2 cups (60 g) of spinach, packed
¼ cup (30 g) ruffly chopped walnuts
¼ cup (40 g) hard goat cheese, crumbled
1 medium tomato
2 Tablespoon (7 g) parsley, chopped
½ lemon, juiced
½ teaspoon lemon zest
2 Tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
¼ teaspoon salt
1/16 teaspoon black pepper
- Measure the quinoa and add it to a medium-sized bowl.
- Add to the bowl half of the chicken breast you have already prepared. You can place the ingredients nicely one next to the other if you enjoy looking at a beautiful dish before eating.
- If you feel like having a warmish meal, you can warm up these first ingredients by simply placing the bowl in the microwave for about one minute or so until warm.
- Measure 2 cups packed or 60 g of spinach. Depending on your preferences, you can leave them in full leaves, ruffly cut them with your hands, or chop them with a knife. I enjoy having as many flavours as possible in each bite, so I prefer to cut my ingredients rather small.
- Add the spinach to a medium-sized bowl.
- Chop the walnuts and add them to the bowl.
- If you have already crumbled the goat cheese when you batch cooked, just measure it and place it in the bowl.
- Chop the tomato into small cubes and add it to the bowl.
- Chop the parsley and place it together with the other ingredients.
- Mix all the ingredients together and store half of it in an airtight container and in the fridge.
- Make the vinaigrette by adding all the ingredients to a small jar a mixing them well.
- Use half of the vinaigrette for the meal you are going to consume now and save the other half in the fridge.
You can eat the other half of this nut spinach salad either for dinner or tomorrow. You just have to add the vinaigrette and it’s ready!
Claudia Canu is a former junk food and sugar addict transformed into a Health Motivator with a master’s degree in Nutrition. She has created this website not only to share her “Journey to her Healthy Forties” but also to help other busy women with basic knowledge about nutrition and who don’t love cooking, to live a healthier life, and achieve big goals.
To get in contact with Claudia, visit the contact page. To read more about her, click here.
You may also like
Hi, I’m Claudia
I’m a Health Motivator, I hold a master’s degree in Nutrition and Dietetics and I’m dedicated to making it easier for you to live a healthier life.
More about me