This recipe is part of the FREE No-Waste Healthy Quick Meal Plan, the easiest recipe plan for the non-chefs in a hurry who want to eat healthily and avoid food waste.
Download the full grocery list for the entire week and get started with Healthy Eating Made Easy!
Crunchy Black Bean Salad
This easy-to-make nut spinach salad is ready in just 15 minutes and is part of the FREE No-Waste Healthy Quick Meal Plan.
- Author: Claudia Canu
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Total Time: 15 min
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Lunch
- Method: Batch Cooking
- Cuisine: Healthy
- Diet: Gluten Free
1 artichoke heart, finely chopped
1 cup (160 g) black beans
1 cup (140 g) quinoa
1 cup (30 g) of spinach
½ cup (80 g) blueberries
1 cup (110 g – 2/3 stalks) celery, finely chopped
1 medium carrot, diced small
¼ cup (35 g) kashkaval cheese*, diced
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 clove of garlic, grated or finely chopped
¼ teaspoon salt
1/16 teaspoon black pepper
- Chop finely 1 entire artichoke heart and place it in the bowl together with 1 cup of black beans.
- Measure 1 cup of quinoa and place it in the bowl.
- If you feel like having a warmish meal, you can warm up these first ingredients by simply placing the bowl in the microwave for about one minute or so until warm.
- Measure 1 cup of spinach and add it to a medium-sized bowl.
- Measure 1/2 cup of blueberries, wash them and add them to the bowl.
- Wash and chop finely about one celery stalk or a total of 1 cup and place it in the bowl.
- Peel the carrot (or just wash it if it’s organic), dice it small and add it to the bowl.
- Measure 1/4 cup of diced kashkaval cheese* and add it to the other ingredients.
- Mix all the ingredients together and store half of the quantity in an airtight container in the fridge.
- In a small jar with a lid, mix all the ingredients to make the vinaigrette.
- Add half of the vinaigrette to the salad and save the rest in the fridge.
- Mix all the ingredients again and enjoy!
*Kashkaval cheese can be substitute with provolone or fontina cheese.
Claudia Canu is a former junk food and sugar addict transformed into a Health Motivator with a master’s degree in Nutrition. She has created this website not only to share her “Journey to her Healthy Forties” but also to help other busy women with basic knowledge about nutrition and who don’t love cooking, to live a healthier life, and achieve big goals.
Hi, I’m Claudia
I’m a Health Motivator, I hold a master’s degree in Nutrition and Dietetics and I’m dedicated to making it easier for you to live a healthier life.
More about me