This recipe is part of the Zero-Waste Healthy Quick Meal Plan, the easiest recipe plan for the non-chefs in a hurry who want to eat healthily and avoid food waste.
Spicy Sardine Bowl
This easy-to-make nut spinach salad is ready in just 15 minutes and is part of the FREE No-Waste Healthy Quick Meal Plan.
- Author: Claudia Canu
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Total Time: 15 min
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Lunch
- Method: Batch Cooking
- Cuisine: Healthy
- Diet: Gluten Free
1 cup (160 g) black beans
1 cup (140 g) quinoa
1 can (90 g) sardines
2 small red pepper, roasted
½ cucumber, with skin, chopped
¼ cup (35 g) kashkaval cheese, cubed
1 small red onion, finely chopped
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 clove garlic
2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
¼ teaspoon salt
1/16 teaspoon black pepper
- Measure the black beans and the quinoa and add them to a medium-sized bowl.
- Mash the sardines with a knife and add them to the bowl together with the red peppers.
- Chop the cucumber with its skin and place it in the bowl together with the cheese and the onion.
- Prepare the vinaigrette by mixing all the ingredients in a little jar.
- Add half of the vinaigrette to the salad and save the rest in the fridge.
- Mix all the ingredients again and enjoy!
Claudia Canu is a former junk food and sugar addict transformed into a Health Motivator with a master’s degree in Nutrition. She has created this website not only to share her “Journey to her Healthy Forties” but also to help other busy women with basic knowledge about nutrition and who don’t love cooking, to live a healthier life, and achieve big goals.
To get in contact with Claudia, visit the contact page. To read more about her, click here.
You may also like
Hi, I’m Claudia
I’m a Health Motivator, I hold a master’s degree in Nutrition and Dietetics and I’m dedicated to making it easier for you to live a healthier life.
More about me