Buckwheat is one of the ingredients used in the Zero-Waste Meal Plan Week 2.
How To Cook Buckwheat
- Author: Claudia Canu
1.5 cup (290 g) (10.2 oz) of dry buckwheat
- Place the buckwheat in a skillet and toast it on medium-high heat, stirring often, for about 10 minutes or until it turns into a darker color.
- Add 2 cups and 1/4 of water and stir. Place the lid and turn down the heat for a slow simmer.
- The buckwheat will be ready when it has absorbed all the water and this will take around 20 minutes. You can make sure it has absorbed all the water by checking the bottom of the skillet underneath the buckwheat.
- When ready, transfer it to an airtight container and make it cool completely before closing the container, and place it in the fridge.
- When measuring buckwheat for a recipe, always make sure to use a clean spoon.
- It’s important that the container is properly closed when is in the fridge.
Claudia Canu is a former junk food and sugar addict transformed into a Health Motivator with a master’s degree in Nutrition. She has created this website not only to share her “Journey to her Healthy Forties” but also to help other busy women with basic knowledge about nutrition and who don’t love cooking, to live a healthier life, and achieve big goals.
Hi, I’m Claudia
I’m a Health Motivator, I hold a master’s degree in Nutrition and Dietetics and I’m dedicated to making it easier for you to live a healthier life.
More about me