Mushrooms are one of the ingredients included in the Zero-Waste Healthy Quick Meal Plan, Any Season Week 2 for Omnivores.
There are many reasons why we should include mushrooms in our diet.
This is the best way to cook them and if you need ideas for recipes where you can include them, check out these:
Beef Curry with Mushrooms
Cauliflower Mushrooms Meaty Casserole
How To Cook Mushrooms
- Author: Claudia Canu
500 g (17.6 oz) mushrooms
1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Wash the mushrooms and slice them with a knife or with the help of an egg slicer.
- Warm up the oil in a skillet, add the mushrooms, and stir.
- Add the garlic powder, salt, and black pepper and stir again.
- Cook, stirring occasionally until all the water has evaporated. This would be around 15 minutes.
- Store the mushrooms in an airtight container and wait until they have cooled down completely before closing the container and store it in the fridge.
- Use a clean spoon every time you handle them.
- If properly stored they’ll last for up to 7 days in the fridge.
Claudia Canu is a former junk food and sugar addict transformed into a Health Motivator with a master’s degree in Nutrition. She has created this website not only to share her “Journey to her Healthy Forties” but also to help other busy women with basic knowledge about nutrition and who don’t love cooking, to live a healthier life, and achieve big goals.
Hi, I’m Claudia
I’m a Health Motivator, I hold a master’s degree in Nutrition and Dietetics and I’m dedicated to making it easier for you to live a healthier life.
More about me